Summer is here with it’s hot weather and humidity. Nice cream is the perfect way to cool off and fuel your body with nutrients.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with “nice” cream, it’s the non-dairy alternative to ice cream. Nice cream does not contain artificial flavors, food coloring nor is it loaded with processed sugars. I call it “nice” cream because it’s cruelty-free, full of compassion and does the body good.
Health Benefits of Bananas
Bananas are the perfect snack and are also a nutrient powerhouse that offer benefits like:
- Being one of the best sources of potassium which is vital for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Protects the stomach against ulcers and H. pylori due to their antacid effect and activation of cells in the stomach lining.
Health Benefits of Blackberries
- One cup of blackberries contains over thirty percent of the daily recommended amount of fiber, which promotes healthy digestion.
- Blackberries contains antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin and others which can help fight inflammation, neurological diseases and cancer.
- This delicious berry has minerals such as magnesium and calcium which are essential for maintain healthy bones.
Banana Blackberry Nice Cream
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 ½ c. organic blackberries frozen
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- ½ c. milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- (Optional Add Ins) medjool dates, cacao powder, cinnamon, avocado, etc.
- Peel and slice bananas the day before. Freeze in airtight container, along with the blackberries.
- Remove frozen bananas and blackberries from freezer and blend in food processor with milk, keeping to a thick consistency.
- Pour the nice cream into a small loaf pan, cover and freeze until solid, or enjoy as a soft serve treat!